That today was gonna be a good good day!
Actually my great day started yesterday, but pretty late...
A couple of weeks ago I was invited for a facebook event: the goodbye part of R.
I had no idea who R. was, but got invited through my colleague, since he is living with R.
Because I just loooove to dance and that had been ages ago, like really a seriously long time, I wanted to go.
But on the other hand I wouldn't know anybody there so I was a bit hesitating.
Therefore, yesterday around 10 pm I asked my best (sports)buddy here, H. , on FB (long live FB) whether he was perhaps into a party. Fortunately, he had no plans and felt like going to a party. And he even offered me a ride to this colleague's place!
So at 11 pm I finally got out again, we drove to somerville and entered the house. I met my colleague there, met some other people doing research in Boston and after an hour of talking (and I admit also drinking) I couldn't hold myself anymore and started dancing. And god, I missed it! So we danced, we chilled, we watched other people playing beer-pong*, talked, finished the bottle of wine and opened a second one, enjoyed watching others dancing, ate macaroni with cheese (thanks to J. who shared his food :-)), danced some more, ... until 4 am. H. drove me home, I got back in safely, slept and cursed when my alarm clock ran off only 3 h later because of an early planned experiment. I decided to give myself another 30 min -1 h of sleep when my other colleague called me up to say he was ready to start the experiment: I quickly took a shower and biked to the Martinos Center as quick as I could.
Part 2 of today being a good good day was: feeled day part too organized by P., a friend of H. This event (again an FB event) is like a scouts day for grown ups :-). Sounds like total fun, no? So after work I biked towards Magazine Beach Park to actually just watch the others play the games and have some rest after my 4 h dance of the night/morning before... Until one of them asked whether I could join the team that wasn't even to complete them. So I joined the 'Highlights' in and here I need to switch to dutch since I cannot remember the english terms for the games: kruiwagenrace, kikkersprongrace, een race met iemand op uw rug, krabvoetbal, green light red light (this term I do remember, although it was the german version), blindfold (this one was hilarious!), ... and what do you expect: the Highlights won the battle haha! :-) God, I love winning!! :-)
So again I got to know some nice people that like to play games, hang around, have fun, don't care, just go with the flow,...
Today was a good good day, and now I'm exhausted and ready to sleep at least 10 hours :-)
have a good good night! ;-)
*nvdr: beer-pong is a commonly played game at parties in the US. JTA already introduced it to us in Belgium: you need a table, plastic cups, ping-pong balls and of course beer (or in my case: sangria, wine, limoncello, ...). You position the cups so they form a triangle and try to throw the ping-pong balls in one of the cups of the other team. In case you hit: they have to drink the beer/other alcoholic beverage that's in the cup. Easy, cheap and gets you d-r-u-n-k fast ;-).
zondag 15 augustus 2010
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten