The first live rendezvous with the Celtics.
At 7pm I changed into my number 84, the jersey I got from my Brother, S.
I was ready to support 'our team' as much as I could, together with my roommate Leslie.
So we left our apartment and walked to the TD Garden (yes, I live really close to the TD garden, short walking distance, and yes that's extremely convenient if you imagine thousands of people are going to the game and need parking spots ;-)).
I charged the battery of my camera, got the tickets and some cash for an evening of sports, drinks and food (the Romans were seriously very clever: Panem et Circensem, all you need to keep your people happy :-)).
We arrived at the TD Garden/North Station and got completely lost in the crowd: we took 3 escalators, 2 stairways and another stairs to finally arrive at our seats. The final stairs getting to our chairs were extremely steep and made us dizzy for a moment but once 'our warriors' entered the basketbal court we forgot all about the possible danger of falling down.
While waiting for the teams to be presented camera men captured the people all over in the arena while dancing, drinking, singing, showing their t-shirts, ...
When the names of the Bulls were called throughout the Garden people started to yell 'booh', and I happily joined them. But my voice raised even higher when we cheered for our Celtics when they entered the court.
The game started extremely well for 'us': we had a quick 7 point lead in the first quarter. We contained and even increased this lead throughout the 2nd quarter thanks to Ray Allen, Jermain O'Neal (cousin of THE O'Neal: Shaq, who unfortunately was too much injured to play, hopefully we get to see him next time we go), Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo to a nearly 20 point lead. Halfway the 3rd quarter, though, it all went wrong, Nate Robinson substituted Rajon Rondo, and honestly, he clearly had less inspiration to get through the Bull's defense. Coach Doc Rivers waited until halfway the 4th quarter before bringing back in Rajon Rondo and with only 23 seconds to go the Bulls had the ball with a 96-96 score on the board. These 23 seconds were extremely tense...we screamed the lungs out of us: DEFENSE!! And it paid off: we kept the 96-96 on the board: 5 min extra time.
During these 5 min extra we clearly were the better team and won the game thanks to some great defense and fast breaks of Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal.
110-105 was the final score
and I kept on singing: Let's go Celtics Let's go while wakling home :-)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten