woensdag 3 november 2010

sad

Today I'm sad.
I did not want to go to work.
I don't think I mentioned it before, but I like routine a lot.
I like it enough to feel sad and strange when the daily routine in my life is disturbed.
And traveling back and forward to Belgium is quite some disturbance.

I felt a little strange arriving in my own country, city, house.
But I adapted fast last week, since my fiance, all my 'old' friends, colleagues and family were around to make me feel at home.

Today on the other hand I woke up alone in a bed that's too large for just me and I woke up in a bad mood because I had to go to work and I did not feel like working or doing anything else at all. I got up anyway, took the shuttle, and arrived in a lab that was empty, dark and cold...

But!
No time to be sad, I got lots of work, next Friday I leave Boston again for San Diego, I got to finish two papers and make a SFN poster within the next 8 days while training two monkeys during these 8 days!

Thus, I guess the best way to overcome sadness is to work like crazy!
(And to go to a Celtics game on Friday with my roommate :-))

1 opmerking:

  1. das normaal! ik had dat ook toen ik terug aan kwam in florida na Kerst! Maar dat vraagt niet veel tijd en ge gaat u daar weer super voelen!!! Werk ze! dat ben ik hier toch alleszins ah doen ! tegen 100/uur :-)
    toedelssss! knuf!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen